RADIO FREEDOM OF INFORMATION POLICY
Freedom of information policy and guidelines.
Guidelines for requesting information
Radio Taxis Southampton Ltd (“Radio Taxis”, “we”, “our”, and/or “us”) is committed to complying with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’), which grants the public right of access to information. Before you complete this form, please read the following notes carefully.
Information we will need from you
For a request for information to be valid, the request must be in writing, and in the request you will have to:
- State your name and your address for correspondence.
- Describe the information requested (give as full a description as possible of the information you require).
Please note that the information you are required to give us will form part of the records held by the Radio Taxis, and as such, may be subject to Freedom of Information access requests. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘DPA’), Radio Taxis is the data controller in relation to your personal data. We will keep your personal data for the purposes for monitoring vexatious, repeat or ‘campaign’ requests, or for any other purposes contained in our notification to the Information Commissioner.
By completing and returning this form to Radio Taxis you are consenting to the use of your personal information as described in the Privacy Guideline above.
There are, however, certain types of information that Radio Taxis may decline to disclose. The most relevant exemptions are listed below (but please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- information reasonably accessible by other means (already mentioned above)
- personal information relating to third parties
- information contained in records lodged in court
- information given in confidence (especially where disclosure would constitute grounds for an action for breach of confidence)
- information, the disclosure of which may endanger the physical or mental health, or the safety, of any individual
- information that constitutes a trade secret or the disclosure of which would harm the Radio Taxis – or any other person’s – commercial interests
Subject Access Requests (DPA)
If you want to find out what personal information Radio Taxis holds on you, please fill in a Subject Access Request Form.
Once completed the form should by either:
POST: FAO The Data Protection Officer
Radio Taxis Southampton Ltd
158 Millbrook Road East, Freemantle
Southampton, SO15 1JR